We recently received a comment/question asking how a member could share their profile page with a business associate. The database-driven system that was implemented last year lists all members and allows a simple search field to identify individuals by name, keywords, location, etc. The need for an individual profile had not come up until the question was brought up by the member. As of today, 11/01/2018, you can now access and share an individual profile page without any need for using the search field.
Here's how to do so:
- Go to the current Member Directory page.
- Enter something in the Search window (red box with #1 next to it) to help you narrow down the list of members so you can locate your own profile. In the Searchable Profile Directory image, I've entered Schienle to narrow it down to Rev. Rhonda Schienle.
- Look near the bottom left of the profile and you'll see "Link to [Your Name] profile" (red box with #2 next to it).
- Select the link and you'll be taken to the Individual Profile page for that person, which will look nearly identical to the Searchable Profile page, without the Search box and Individual Link. The URL shown (red box with #3 next to it) is the direct link to the profile page you can share with anyone you'd like.
- Alternatively, you can right click on the link in the red box with #2 next to it and select Copy or Copy Link, depending on the operating system and/or web browser you are using. This will copy the link to your clipboard, which you can then paste into whatever you'd like to share with someone.