We have recently seen a drop-off in our Google Mail (GMail) recipients opening their World AWAKE newsletters. Google's never-ending fight against Spam emails is likely identifying many newsletters, including World AWAKE's, as Spam and moving it to your Spam folder. Thankfully, there is a fairly straight-forward process called white-listing, which will direct Google to send the World AWAKE newsletter to your inbox, instead. I'll provide a link after the steps listed below so you can see additional details on the World AWAKE website.
- Go to your GMail account by visiting mail.google.com. If you are not logged in to Google, you will be redirected to accounts.google.com to enter your username and password.
- In the "Search mail" box, select the down triangle at the far right of the box. See GMail Main Screen, down triangle is circled in red.
- On the "From" line, enter "email@example.com" without the quotes. See step 1 of GMail Search From.
- At the bottom of this form, select "Create Filter". This will update the form with several checkboxes. See step 2 of GMail Search From.
- Tick the checkbox labeled, "Never send it to Spam". See step 1 of GMail Create Filter.
- Select the "Create Filter" button at the bottom of the form. See step 2 of GMail Create Filter.
That should prevent the World AWAKE newsletter from ending up in your Spam folder.